Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Running w/out being Chased

Yes, that's my M.O. You can now officially categorize me into the runner's category = 2nd time half marathon finisher. Yes, maybe I'm crazy--but I had an AMAZING time AGAIN. If you missed my post last year please check out Are We There Yet?

I've been thinking about the exhilaration of crossing a finish line and there really is a "Natural High" that's experienced. I'm not into breaking any world records, but the feeling of satisfaction as you cross the finish line makes you experience life differently. Now, I was the one praying out loud to God 15 min before we got started...Dear Lord, I'm asking (begging) you for strength and endurance--James 4:8 Draw unto the Lord, and He will draw unto you. You must reach out to Him, first...He's already there waiting on you! I found some of these verses true for last Sunday morning's preparations and I want to share with you.

Philippians 4:6 : Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
 
Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
 
Hebrews 12:11-13: No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20: Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Psalm 105:4: Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.

Isaiah 41:10: So do not fear, for I am with you; Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Below are some photos I took during the race. ENJOY!





Mile 6 (1-5 were pretty steady)





Double digits

13.1 miles CHECK!


How will you challenge yourself this week?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...