Thursday, February 3, 2011

Teriyaki Burgers w/Mango Pineapple Salsa

Teriyaki Burgers w/Mango Pineapple Salsa


I have to admit I am EXTREMELY ready for some warmer weather around my neck of the woods! It has been too cold this winter here in Alabama. I've been stuck in the house (obviously) way too much! To spice things up at the Comer household Paul and I crafted a dinner menu to follow this week. So, a few nights ago we went outside our comfort zone and made these delicious burgers. These will def be on the menu come summer.
I hope you enjoy!
 
Mango Pineapple Salsa:

1 mango, diced
1-1½ cups diced fresh pineapple
½ of one red bell pepper, diced small
1 tbsp. fresh cilantro
Juice of one lemon/lime
Pinch of salt

Teriyaki sauce:
1/2 cup fresh chopped pineapple
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 inch of ginger, peeled & minced
1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. vinegar
1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 tbsp. cold water
Burgers:
1 lb. ground sirloin
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 or 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce

 
Directions:
Mango Pineapple Salsa: Combine all the ingredients and let marinate in the refridgerator while you make the Teriyaki sauce and grill the burgers.

To make the Teriyaki Sauce: Combine all the ingredients: pineapple, soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, garlic and vinegar in a blender. Puree in the blender or food processor until smooth. Next transfer the sauce to  saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until it starts to bubble (about 1-2 minutes). In another smaller bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until the cornstartch dissolves and is smooth. Next, add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan and whisk well until smooth. Continue heating the sauce until it becomes smooth and thick then remove from heat and set aside to pour over your burgers.

To make the burgers: Mix together the beef, garlic, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Then form the hamburger meat into 4 round patties. I cooked my burgers over my gas cooktop and they were perfectly delish! You could also heat up your grill and put your husband to work. Cook the hamburgers on medium-high heat, turning once, 4 minutes per side. 

Assembling your Teriyaki Burger w/Mango Pineapple Salsa: Place the hamburger patty on the bun and spread a hearty amount of the Teriyaki sauce over the meat then add a scoop of the salsa for an extra kick!
 
*I opted to make my own Homemade Hamburger Buns (you can use store bought) which made them extra delish and homemade. :) Some extra time was involved to prepare the buns but it was worth it! See here for the recipe.
Source: adapted from White on Rice Couple via Annies-Eats



2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hey Tarayn! I remembered from a long time ago that you had a blog and decided to find it...now I'm not so sure I'm glad I did; all of these recipes look amazing! xo!

Tarayn said...

Hey!!! I'm glad you looked me up! It's been a long time!! Congrats on the engagement! :) Hope the planning goes smooth! I'll go follow your blog now. hehe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...