Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Keeping Christ in CHRISTmas!

Did I mention I don't like Christmas?!




I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

I love everything about it... celebrating the Birth of Jesus, the crowds, the pretty store fronts, the colors, smells, real Christmas trees, baking cookies, ornaments, nativities, Christmas lights, seeing the little children at the mall sitting in Santa's lap, shopping for Christmas presents, giving to the less fortunate, Christmas music, decorating the tree and drinking hot chocolate w/marshmallows.

This Christmas I'm keeping Christ first! I'm reminded of the verse Luke 2:11 "Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord." Because of  his actions, we can receive forgiveness from our sins, restore an intimacy with our Creator, discover our life purpose, live life on Earth more abundantly, and reserve an eternal home in Heaven.  These are the reasons why I celebrate CHRISTMAS!

Please set aside a special time to read the Christmas Story in Luke 1:5-56 through 2:1-20. 

Merry Christmas!
Tarayn

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...