Friday, April 15, 2011

Shrimp & Gouda Grits


One of my favorite places to visit is Scenic Route 30-A, an 18-mile road that hugs the coastline of the Gulf of Mexico in Northwest Florida. Some of my followers will know this area better by names such as Santa Rosa Beach, Blue Mountain, Grayton, Water Color, Seaside & Sea Grove. Ringing a bell? Paul and I were married along 30A at the Santa Rosa Beach Club almost 5 years ago this coming September! I grew up spending weekends & summers along the sugar-white sand beaches. Since we've been experiencing some summer weather this week here in Alabama I was instantly reminded of this dish! Here's to some warm weather and of course, good food!

Shrimp & Gouda Grits
makes 8 servings

4 cups chicken broth
1 cup whipping cream
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
2 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
2 cups shredded Gouda Cheese
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup butter
2 tsp. hot sauce

Bring first 4 ingredients and 4 cups of water to a boil in a Dutch oven over high heat: whisk in grits, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer; stirring occasionally, 15 min or until thickened. Remove from heat, and stir in Gouda and remaining ingredients.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummo...I love gouda cheese and grits, so the two together = danger! Can't wait to try!

Anonymous said...

Yummo! I absolutely love gouda cheese, and I love grits, so the two together = danger! Can't wait to try!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...