Friday, April 29, 2011

Trials

I hope you and your families are all safe and praising God for your lives!!! The devastation I've seen is horrendous! Driving down 280 (crying) I was once reminded that MY GOD is in CONTROL and he is a strong tower!!! I've been praying today that I'm changed and don't return to life as normal but rather that I let God work in me and through me ministering for his glory and to help his people. 

I read James 1:1-12 this morning and just wanted to share--

"James 1: a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations: 
Trials and Temptations: 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do. 9 Believers in humble circumstances ought to take pride in their high position. 10 But the rich should take pride in their humiliation—since they will pass away like a wild flower. 11 For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich will fade away even while they go about their business. 12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him."

 One of the best things I've learned being a Christian is growth and maturity through troubled times. Through personal trials in my life I've discovered the kind of faith I should possess EVERYDAY!  Trials not only reveal our faith, but they also develop our character. Our Christian joy is produced by the Holy Spirit and is not dependent on circumstances.

Verses 1-12 are speaking of the trials and tests that come into our lives from outside circumstances. What I believe God is trying to teach me in this passsage is how to handle the pain, the distance, the pace, the length of time and the overcoming of the need to stop and rest! Like running a marathon half marathon-endurance, staying power, long distance, joy, accomplishment...God is saying here, "I am working on you with a specific purpose in mind." God is trying to produce in us an everlasting and durable faith.  I'm still human and have to tell myself not to quit when my faith is tested but just think what if Jesus quit? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...