Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Clean, Crispness


I'm dying to have these white pillows....ahhhh! If you've spoken to me in the last few days then you know I've been on a mission (mission impossible) to locate some big, white, fluffy pillows for my couch! Spring is probably one of my favorite times of the year--I LOVE updating my home, wardobe and shoe collection with a pop of color. This Spring however, I'm thinking crisp, white pillows would add a cleanliness to our living room. I've been on the hunt for white pillows! Who would have thought they'd be incredibly HARD to find here in this big city of Birmingham??? 

Why white?? It's so practical, comforting, crisp, clean & refreshing. My dream home would incorporate a bunch of rumpled old linens and chipped paint gussied up by crystal chandeliers and fresh flowers. 





QUICK TIPS:

Machine-wash linens on "warm." For white linen, use an oxygen-based bleach rather than chlorine, which can cause yellowing.

Remove linen items from the dryer while they are still damp, then finish drying on clothesline; overdrying can cause linen to become brittle.

Iron linen while it's still damp. Or, store damp items in a plastic bag in the refrigerator to prevent mildew and make pressing easier.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...