Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Cupcakes

If you've never experienced Magnolia Bakery located in the heart of New York City's Greenwich Village you are missing or you could invite me to Olexa's and experience heaven on earth. Back to the Magnolia cupcake...










I LOVE sweets! Actually, I ADORE sweets! My favorite past times consist of meeting friends at Olexa's. Ok. Or persuading anyone into meeting me there. My husband even bought me a cake for V'day from Olexa's. I'm OBSESSED! So, I settled for these tasty treats for the Bridal Tea and guess what? They were delish, too!


Magnolia Bakery Cupcakes


Makes 2 dozen cupcakes
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake papers.
In a small bowl, combine the flours. Set aside.

In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat. Cool the cupcakes in the tins for 15 minutes. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.

Adapted from Food network via Magnolia Bakery







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...